Premonition


           I dare say, I’m not a firm believer in dreams same goes for fortune tellers, tarot cards and mythical godly creatures of ‘fate”. Since, I was in Grade 1 our Chirstian Living Teacher has taught us that in life there are a lot of misguided false belief one in which are stated above. As obedient as I was, I kept on firmly believing up to this date. A good Protestant friend of mine, Mohanna, shares the same ecclesiastic belief as I am. We even have a lot of acquaintances that had believed this practices and had fallen right through their own unfortunate fates.

           Not all dreams I say are the makings of misguided fate or ‘evil’ itself. Ages before, God spoke to his prophets in dreams. But only to prophets, And I’m certain I am no prophet.

           So what am I yapping about dreams, by the way? I have to admit I had a dream. No, a nightmare. They say there is a first time for everything and those “they” were right. It was the first time that I woke up in the middle of the night…sweating…gasping for air..afraid and nervous. For a while I had dreams of snakes but two consecutive snakes in a night was no longer normal. I refuse to believe the interpretations and I had to seek advice from a family-friend priest. It was kind for him to bless me to seek the answer behind my dreams.

           1: My first dream consist of a violet snake: Stout, Short, and Fat. I was carrying my beloved pup “chieno” in my arms. The violet snake had a long dagger-like tongue which smithered poison of thorn right above the hilt. Standing above a twig rooting itself by the gate. I tried to stay calm and slowly moved backwards but it was in attack position. As I take one last step backward, It jumped right off the twig as it reaches over my dog. I woke. Sweating and Nervous. I don’t know who got bit whether it’s my arm or chieno. I prayed hard that night and still. it remains a mystery.




            2: The next night was not even promising. Though I have not thought about last night’s dream it hit me twice stronger. And this is where, My curiosity peaked. That time, It was the longest nightmare and funny that all I could remember was the sight of a light-skinned green snake with eyes covered in full yellow hissing right through our kitchen-cups decoration. It looked through sideways as if looking for something until his gazed stopped through stairs in front of him and he was staring right through at me. I was stunned. Motionless at the sight of Medusa’s strand piercing at me. Someone grabbed the snake’s body and threw right the basket where a striped-grey cat laid. My heart raced even faster as the cat’s life is at stake. I knew the cat was in danger and there was only one solution to end the cruel fate --wake up! My conscious mind was alert and again, I was gasping for air..sweating..heart raced like never before. That early dew morning of 3AM I found myself haunted and baffled. I could no longer go back to sleep so I prayed til the wee hours of morning.






            My Mother had a client who is a dream interpreter and it was at the right time that he would visit our city for he too had his own appointment. He listened intently to my nightmare and for the whole time looked right through my eyes without a single word. I finished my sharing and he made it clear he could no longer wait for his interpretations. I could not write in verbatim of what his words are but they all went like this…

            The violet snake stood for a warning. The yellow snake symbolized as the person who has a grudge against me. When the snake gazed at me it meant this person has already taken action and the striped-grey cat which represented “a love one” will dearly pay the price.

             I was stunned. I refuse to believe but at the same time my instincts tell me to listen. Not once, I was ever failed by my human nature and so I keep my guard up. Pray. Heed and Believe.

For I am the Master of my Fate, I am the Captain of my Soul.

g.devil

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Opinionated

 

Instagram Photostream

simplygra

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

 photo gra_zps1347f7c1.jpg