Blissful Dedication

The day could not get any worse. A raging rainstorm won't stop me from meeting my new part of my family-- That is Scarlet Alexandrea's Child Dedication. Child Dedication is ritually similar to the Roman Catholic's Christening less the water baptism process and more on prayers and pastoral preaching. It was held at 11th-29th street nazareth specifically at First Assembly of God's building. The first person I spotted was the uber-eccentric mom, Janine April. We both gave our warmest hug to par the cold storm I've been through. Nonetheless, we went upstairs along with my co-sponsor, Jen (which, forgive me, I never asked for her last name). And there it was, the beautiful sight of the gift I have been all waiting for months, Scarlet Alexandrea Tolentino. The Junior Miss of Janine April's first born child.
Scarlet Alexandrea Tolentino
She has hair black as ebony and soft as downy. Her eyes is still chinky but we never know it might be almond's as she grows. Her cheeks were as red as roses and as chunky as baked siopao (haha!) that made her the epic cuteness of the night. Her downward-rosebud lips, I can tell this girl's gonna be romantic. She sleeps a lot and cries when fed or her diaper is full. Quietly she observes of the almost oblivious close-up faces she sees but to no doubt, she's not afraid to strangers. She wore her christening dress like a princess with a head-to-toe detail of white and laces of gold cloth (photo will later appear). It took quite awhile for us to sign the papers to be officially called maninay's/ maninoy. We were only quite a handful and I can tell how Janine is much grateful for the people who came despite the storm. We then head to DeLuxe Hotel for our dinner but before the feast. The Host asked us to give messages or more like words of encouragement for the mag-ina's that to no fail bought us all a bit teary-eyed and somewhat emotional. They were words coming from our hearts to be used as an instrument for their long journey ahead mostly a composition of physical, spiritual, emotional advices and lastly to end in a prayer for the both of them.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
It is fulfilling to experience gatherings like this especially that it is my first one. No, Scarlet's not my first christened child I've got 2 earlier ones that makes her my third but it is indeed my first to be a part with the celebration now, that I don't have much time to bother in the nursing world. Most of the entire night, we took our moments through our lenses and smiled to our hearts content. Chit-chats were no excuse especially that it's been quite a long time that we've bonded. I won't forget to mention that my new found friend, Jen is an excellent english speaker and to nth level is her slang-ish accent (birit pud ko ug english sa kaahat..haha!).
perfectly adorable!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Finally, Janine had her last message and words of thanksgiving to the people who came on this special occasion for her baby. Every Mother would feel a great deep gratitude even though we were just almost a crowd to start with. What really matters most is the presence of our hearts showing both these gorgeous girls our utmost support. To Janine and Scarlet, we will simply be your guide to the journey you both will partake. This is indeed, a blissful dedication. ✪

XOXO,
GDevil

2 comments:

  1. wow! thank you kau nin ;) gi blog pa naman mo sa tumblr..dakong salamat, happy ko you like it ♥

    ReplyDelete

Be Opinionated

 

Instagram Photostream

simplygra

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

 photo gra_zps1347f7c1.jpg