The classic snail mail

Braided Hair, Pink Uniform / white collar and loose socks to match the messy black shoes. Those were my Grade School days as we had our first trip to the Post Office as we are taught on how to mail our letters to our parents. I was confused at the same time ecstatic to learn new things in a different environment. Since then, I was adhesive enough to keep on mailing to my closest friends one in which is a dear friend of mine all the way from California as until now we keep our own snail mails intact despite the rise of social networks. Therefore, Snail Mailing for me is special. It has memories in the past that I still felt nostalgic and how I wish those days would never end. As a birthday fast approaches, I planned to surprise a close friend of mine with a simple and heartfelt snail mail. But before the wrap, There's always a cue in what to wear. Of course, Pink is the refining touch as to commemorate my childhood enthusiasm in the postal office. You can never change a leopard in her spots--Simplicity is always my forte although I wish I could have taken more risk but

attention would be at the bottom of my
list. Carry on, It's been years since I last visited the Post Office here in CDOC and now that I have every time in the world to grab a chance to mail a friend it was yet to be discovered that the old office of our postal office was burnt to ashes in the days wherein I was preoccupied in the nursing world. Their temporary office resides just right back to the old office. A lot smaller and warmer compared to the old one. What surprises me is the crowd that are quite handful to manage in choosing snail mail to send their letter or huge packs to their love ones. As I entered to the postal office I was nonetheless a stranger in the eye of mailing. I did not know where to start or even to go but the staff were accommodating a lot to aid me in the lesson I once knew in Grade School. Soon did I realize my letter to the recipient contains no ZIP CODE (silly me!) that I had to refer to their list of Zip Code which was a huge post that almost covered the office window and I had to find that one city as a destination to my letter. Another realization was the fact that the destination I was to attempt was from AGUSAN DEL NORTE. Well, that's additional knowledge =). When I had filled up everything I went to the nice,young lady and payed 14PHP not to mention the stamp was even cuter.  It's nice to know the ropes around it and the feeling of enthusiasm as the letter is about to be sent.






Let's just hope it won't be a case of via 'Return to Sender', okay? haha!


TTFN,
Gra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Opinionated

 

Instagram Photostream

simplygra

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

 photo gra_zps1347f7c1.jpg