X-Rays

     A gloomy and windy afternoon hastens me from my household chores. Aside from the fact, I prefer gloomy afternoons rather than settling sweeping the outdoors in a hot, sunny afternoon. Our backyard was a total mess: Large Cartridges scattered all over the ground, Dead, dried leaves and 3 photographic films laid on each corner.

Of course, My interest peaked to the unusual films laying on the ground ( as curious as a cat I am) I picked it up with no hesitation and before long, I have come to my senses that they were indeed my father's diagnostic exam. It was then that a feeling of nostalgia crept into my mind and a gut feeling of missing someone payed a visit down my spine. No, I'm not scared. Just felt 'anew' of the weird discovery I never knew would cross my path. Lifting them up to the sky made it even clear to see the X-ray films held right in front of me. The name, The date, and The Skull. I could hardly believe to find it here not to mention in our yard.


Conclusions came at the back of my mind as to how they ended up at the backyard--laid everywhere rather than kept in a folder. A thought then came, No doubt. It was Mom who probably had an idea to burn it. Base on the scene of my arrival there were dried leaves piled in a form of a future "bunsay" (where leaves are piled into one group for burning) which was about to partake. And maybe a gush of wind blew it hard to make a mess out of the yard. It was a predictable fate for the 3 photographic films--they were to be burned. Nonetheless, I faced head on with the use of a "tukog" to sweep the seemingly wet ground and form them all into a circle. Aware with a match on my hand, I started to scrape the head and lit a fire.


Then I saw his favorite badge in an old magazine probably during his days working in the government. I burned it along with them. We have probably moved on in our loss but still, I'm not quite sure when we barely talked about it. I can still sense my Mom's pain on the loss of her long-time partner, her soul mate, her husband. I still shed tears everynight at the thought of missing him and at times, I too grieve for our loss. When I just stared from the films and papers all turning into ashes my mind just went blank. I never want to think of anything else than STARE.

XOXO,
GDevil
choz! umiksena pa ang aso ko..hahaha!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be Opinionated

 

Instagram Photostream

simplygra

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

 photo gra_zps1347f7c1.jpg